Friday, August 18, 2006

Tunes That Taught Me Something...

I thought it was a cool concept when I saw this: You simply have to make a list of tunes that have taught you something in life. Anyway, here is my list...enjoy!

1. The Beatles taught me to let it be.

2. Kiss taught me that I was made for loving you, baby, you were made for loving me.

3. Pink Floyd taught me that the sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

4. Guns ‘N Roses taught me that it's hard to keep an open heart when even friends seem out to harm you.

5. Elton John taught me that when all hope is gone sad songs say so much.

6. Bon Jovi taught me that I’m gonna live while I'm alive, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

7. Metallica taught me that what I've felt, what I've known, never shined through in what I've shown.

8. REM taught me that everybody hurts.

9. Gabrielle taught me that dreams can come true, look at me babe I'm with you.

10. Phil Collins taught me that yes you’ll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more.

11. U2 taught me that we're one, but we're not the same.

12. Blue Rodeo taught me I kind of like this feeling of being left behind.

13. Jann Arden taught me that we could die tomorrow, might as well enjoy this.

14. Amanda Marshall taught me that it isn’t easy to be kind.

15. Shaggy taught me that no matter how inside you're blue, there's always someone who has it worse than you.

16. P!nk taught me that I can’t stay on your morphine, ‘cause it’s making me itch.

17. Norah Jones taught me that I'd give you my last shirt, because I love you so.

18. Shakira taught me that underneath your clothes there’s an endless story, there’s a man I chose.

19. Maroon5 taught me to steal some covers, share some skin.

20. David Usher taught me to believe your truth is not my truth, that God can exist with many faces at one time.

21. Marc Anthony taught me that I could take a trip all around the world, but why would I go anywhere when I’ve got you.

22. Joss Stone taught me even a wise man jumps in misery somewhere down the line.

23. Rod Stewart taught me there is nothin' that I cannot do, ‘cause I am human.

24. Jonas taught that I'm everything that you really don't want me to be...

25. The Black Eyed Peas taught me if you only have love for your own race, then you only leave space to discriminate, and to discriminate only generates hate.

4 comments:

shpprgrl said...

My favorite...Bon Jovi. They've taught me alot. If I had a soundtrack it would be their stuff! :)

stinkypaw said...

One of my favorite as well!

That would be one cool soundtrack! ;-)

PreppyGirl said...

This is totally cute. I might have to steal it...

I haven't forgotten about sending you my wedding dress pics too. I've scanned a couple, just have to get around to sending them...

stinkypaw said...

pg: I had fun doing it, even if it got a little more complicated than I thought it would be... So please, my dear, steal away if you want it!

Can't wait to see that dress!