Sunday, August 06, 2006

An indirect tag about books

Following GG’s request, and since I made it to her blogroll, I thought I would oblige…

One book that changed my life?: I’ve read a few that had some impact on me, but “Le Tigre Bleu” written by a local artist Jean-Pierre Bélanger has for ever changed the way I see our local Chinatown.

One book I have read more than once?: Besides all my “Tintin” and “Astérix & Obélix”, that I’ve read over and over, and still do, since we have all albums for both I would say that “Les Filles de Caleb” series I’ve read (and even watched the mini-series) more than once. Always been fascinated by how people my grandparents' time lived their lives, etc.

One book I would want on a deserted island?: I’d say a “How To” book?…could be handy…

One book that made me laugh?:
I think that at some or another all the books I read will make me smirk, but laugh? I guess I just don’t read those types of books… EXCEPT for “Calvin & Hobbes” I love that kid and he does make me laugh out loud on a regular base!

One book that made me cry?: Moloka’I” by Alan Brennert, moved me a great deal. I’m a little embarrassed to write that the last Harry Potter when Dumbledore dies I shed a few tears…

One book I wish had been written?: "How to deal with a crazy mother in law who just won’t accept you even after 12 years of being in the life of her precious son?"

One book I wish had never been written?: Any book on child abuse, rape, etc. I just wished those type of crimes wouldn’t exist so no books had to be written about them.



One book I am currently reading?: “A Breath of Snow and Ashes” by Diana Gabaldon. The last one of the “Outlander” series, and like the others I love it.

One book I have been meaning to read?: “Without Conscience” by Dr. Robert D. Hare, just can’t seem to muster the courage to read it… and “Bringing Out The Dead” by Joe Connelly… When I saw that Nicolas Cage was in the movie version, I kind of got turned off from reading the book… Had both of those for years and can’t seem to get to them… maybe one day. Maybe I should bring those on the deserted island, I’d have no choice but to read them then! There’s an idea!

I’m not tagging anyone, but help yourself if this tag interests you!

2 comments:

Kala said...

heya! I am surprised by the diversity of your reading list - from "Le Tigre Bleu" to Moloka'i - My friend is from Quebec - so I will have to ask her if she has read that french book - published in Quebec - do u know french? I'm also impressed that you took the time to read Moloka'i - the title of the book even uses the "okina" correctly in text - most people do not pronounce this island as it is supposed to be with the okina or appostrophe - so you now know about the history of Kalaupapa and father damien and all that stuff- and how is it that you know one of the members of Pussycat Doll is part hawaiian? i did not know that - and are you the one that listens to Hoku Ho? What da heck - you must be a kama'aina! - A French speaking Kama'aina!

stinkypaw said...

Hey kala! My mother tongue is French. Both my parents don't speak a word of English. If your friend hasn't read "le Tigre Bleu" she should. It's a bit weird, but I really liked it.

I actually read "Moloka'i" with much interest - and I had bought the book at Costco in Hawaiikai. Since I read it I want to go and visit that island so bad. Next trip!

I thought she looked "exotic" so I did some searches on her and read that she was part Hawaiian...

I don't know Hoku Ho, but I do listen to Iz and recently discovered Jake Shimabukuro...

Trust me if I was kama'aina I wouldn't be here but "back home"!!!